Kefalonia, an island on the Ionian Sea, was formerly called Kefallinia or Kephallenia. The capital of Kefalonia is Argostoli. Here you can find sandy coves and rugged landscapes. It has attracted many tourists due to its beauty and stately towns. Here, most of the beaches are accessible on foot.
- Myrtos Beach: One of the most breathtaking beaches in Greece with shimmering blue waters.
- Agios Georgios Kastro: A 16th century Venetian castle where you can enjoy amazing views from the top.
- Lourdas Beach: An expansive and attractive beach set in a mountainous green backdrop.
- Ionian Emerald Hotel: This luxurious 5 star hotel has a warmth ambience with panoramic views of the sea.
- Sotiris Hotel: A 3 star small hotel run by a family offers a unique and relaxing experience.
- Astra Village Hotel & Suites: If you are looking for a perfect holiday, head to this place for a relaxing vacation with sun set views and sparkling Ionian Sea.
- Tassia: A family run restaurant with fresh and local ingredients to prepare Greek cuisine.
- II Borgo: A lovely place to visit for a sunset dinner serving traditional food with a twist.
- Andromeda: A place promising high quality foods at a reasonable price.
- Feta cheese: Popular Greek cheese made by goat’s and ewe’s milk.
- Bourbourelia: A soup made from beans, salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Amigdalopita: Almond pie.
The best time to visit Kefalonia is from end April to middle of May when you can enjoy the pleasant weather.